LOL, this photo is of me typing up a blog post at a cafe straight after swimming in the rock pool I posted about.
That’s the way to work, whilst out on the road and preferably wearing a cossie.
I’ve been using an iPad since the second week they came out, but it’s only recently that I have been able to use it succesfully to blog.
Of course, I should have got an external keyboard for it years ago. Daftly, I didn’t so mine has been used for reading, looking at photos, websites, blogs and books. I didn’t like typing using the iPad screen at all, and didn’t even tend to comment on blogs. Too slow and too clumsy for me.
But then I was kindly shown and loaned a new iPad keyboard by Logitech and I find it fab.
Now when I go out and about I just pop the iPad in my handbag and I can connect and type easily anywhere, anything… well, anytime before school pickup anyway.
Here are a few other out-and-about-blogging tips:
1. Connecting. I usually use a Teltra mobile broadband wifi dongle to connect to the net. Occasionally I do use the iPhone mobile hotspot instead but it’s slower.
2. Posting. I use the WordPress app on my iPhone to upload the photos I’ve just taken. This means I don’t have watermarks on them and I haven’t touched them up at all but that’s OK usually.
3. Photos. You can use apps to do watermarks and touchups but I haven’t yet, and don’t mind most photos being published nude. Immediacy is of the essence and most of the places I blog from direct are just gorgeous as they are.
4. Ease. In many ways it’s easier to write posts and upload photos using my laptop plugged into a big screen at home. But I also love sitting in the sun and drinking coffee in cafes! So the mobile setup is great for me especially in summer when I’d rather be outside.
5. Advantages. When you blog on-the-go rather than at home, there’s none of that feeling that you should be getting on with the washing/cooking/shopping etc etc
Using the iPad with keyboard, I’ve been able to comment on blogs a lot more. I love to read blogs in bed last thing at night on the iPad.
Here’s a mini-video I made, just to show how handy this light little device is. Just 40 seconds!
Do you blog or type much on an iPad?
Any top tips to share?
Many thanks to Logitech who loaned me this lovely device.